|Steamed pandan coconut pudding with cream|
Pandan coconut pudding:
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot or corn flour
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup pandan juice
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
1. For the pandan coconut pudding mixture, combine all ingredients of rice flour, arrowroot flour, palm sugar, coconut milk and pandan juice in a big mixing bowl. Gradually stir the mixture together until it’s no lumps of flour and palm sugar. Mix well to get a smooth pandan batter, then set aside
2. Next, prepare the coconut topping, mix the rice flour, salt and coconut cream together in a small blow, stir constantly to get a smooth mixture.
3. Prepare a steamer with the small porcelain cups. Place the empty cups onto the steaming tray over high heat until the cups are very hot.
4. Remove the hot cups with the steaming tray from the heat and pour enough pandan batter to fill 3/4 full of each cup. Steam the cups for 5-7 minutes.
5. Open the steamer lid out, fill the top off the cups with the coconut topping immediately and continue steaming over high heat for 7-10 minutes. Then remove the cups from the heat and allow to cool.
6. Serve either warm or cold in the cup or remove it.
- Coconut cream from extract of really mature coconut to create a beautiful glossy coconut topping surface.
- Steam the coconut topping until it done, do not steam it too long over 10 minutes that cause too liquid on the topping.